It’s a celebration that’s been 50 years in the making; so, pop on some mouse ears and succumb to the magic of 2022’s biggest party.
The easing of travel restrictions between the UK and USA has arrived at the best time to book your next Florida holiday and join the 50th anniversary celebrations at Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando, dubbed ‘The World’s Most Magical Celebration!’
Whether you’re a seasoned visitor or this will be your first time to Walt Disney World® Resort, Mickey & Co have been busy preparing the resort to make your 2022 holiday a once-in-a-lifetime event. Our friendly Florida resorts at Regal Oaks and Encantada are both poised for your arrival, each conveniently located for you to taste this magical experience with a minimal amount of fuss.
Everybody knows that it’s almost impossible not to have fun at Walt Disney World® Resort – but in recognition of this landmark occasion, all four parks (Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and EPCOT®) have gone further in their quest to bring new adventures (whilst still savouring its classic favourites) to its visitors, such as:
· Cinderella Castle has undergone a royal makeover and will now feature gold bunting and a 50th anniversary crest as part of its new look. Its pink/purple theme flows throughout the park and is the colour scheme adopted by Mickey and Minnie during this celebration year (Magic Kingdom® Park)
· TRON Lightcycle Run rollercoaster, a ride where speeds of 60mph can be reached (Magic Kingdom® Park).
· Based on the Disney and Pixar film Ratatouille, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is a 4D culinary adventure that will captivate all your senses as travellers shrink down to Chef Remy’s size to zip, dash and scurry through Gusteua’s famous Paris restaurant (EPCOT®).
· Inspired by Moana, Aladdin, Coco, Brave, The Lion King, Mulan, The Princess and the Frog, and other classic stories. Harmonious weaves familiar Disney music with a combination of floating giant screens, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics and lasers to become one of the largest night-time spectaculars ever created for a Disney park (EPCOT®).
· Iconic structures in each park light up with wonder to become Beacons of Magic designed to beckon all to come a celebrate. This will see Cinderella’s Castle illuminate Magic Kingdom®
Park, EPCOT® shine from Spaceship Earth, Hollywood Studios® dazzle from the Hollywood Tower Hotel whilst a glorious light from the Tree of Life glow over Animal Kingdom®.
· Displayed across all the parks, the Fab 50 Character Collection sees 50 famous Disney characters cast in gold waiting to be discovered.
Whereas it would be amiss not to celebrate Disney’s landmark anniversary on your holiday to Regal Oaks or Encantada, the Sunshine State is much more than thrills, spills, and mouse ears. From beach-going and sunbathing to the wild Everglades and the famous Kennedy Space Centre, no other American state is as devoted to tourism than Florida. With a climate that’s reliably hot and sunny all year-round, opportunities to dive, fish and sail in warm Atlantic waters is Mother Nature’s alternative to the buzzing theme parks – and is the calm face of Florida that not everyone gets to see.