Kusadasi’s first golf course
Kusadasi Golf & Spa, CLC World’s 1st frontline golf resort.
The par-72 championship course has been designed and built entirely with maximising the golfer’s enjoyment in mind.
Following the undulating contours of the natural terrain, the stunningly beautiful course overlooks a protected national park.
Bermuda grass fairways flow gently between mixed stands of 50 year-old pine, plane and olive trees in a mature Mediterranean forest setting, regularly punctuated by breathtakingly spectacular views over Kusadasi Bay and the Aegean Sea.
The impressive clubhouse is the only building on the golf course, preserving the natural essence of the playing environment.
Measuring a challenging 6393m from the white tees, the course layout features lakes, numerous water hazards and dozens of bunkers, with many holes completely lined by mature trees on both sides of the fairway and around the green – adding extra spice to the golfing test.
Brand new greens have been designed to meet stringent PGA specifications and daily pin positions test the nerve of both high and low handicappers.
To maintain a steady flow of play, tee times are spaced at 8 minute intervals.
A full-time PGA Professional oversees the extensive pro-shop and academy activities, which include a superb 308m driving range, with spectacular views over to the sea, as well as a huge short game practice area comprising approach green, putting green and different practice bunkers.
Children’s lessons are available.
The driving range is built into a natural valley and slopes downhill towards the sea – increasing the pleasure of practice while enhancing the distances achieved – with the additional benefit of a beautiful backdrop featuring the Aegean Sea and the island of Samos.
The general public are welcome, and special golf+accommodation packages are available.
Key course design features include:
- Virtual elimination of “blind” strokes.
- Broad, elevated tee platforms, especially on par 3 holes, facilitating different shot options with the possibility of adapting the degree of difficulty to suit competitions and all levels of players.
- Fairways offering broadening ball drop areas for tee shots, which then narrow nearer the holes to combine with obstacles such as trees, bunkers etc. to penalise poor approach play.
- Fairways naturally defined by water courses, hummocks, trees and bushes, and enhanced by designed-in obstacles including bunkers and lakes.
- Greens protected using the natural topography, trees, hazards and bunkers, designed to increase the difficulty and diversity of approach shots.
- Great care with the design of the greens, creating the maximum range of alternative flag placements, offering putting variety and rewarding risks while penalising poor strokes.
A spacious and elegant clubhouse – built over approx. 3000m2 – is the focal point of the golf course and features:
- Private members’ VIP lounge with library and open fire
- Bar & restaurant
- Expansive, sunny terraces with spectacular sea and golf course views
- Fully stocked pro shop
- Changing areas and showers
- Members’ club storage area
- Ample parking
The golf course is located just 15 minutes from Kusadasi town centre and only 10 minutes from the resort’s own Beach Club, which can be reached via a private shuttle bus or land train service.